The practice is reachable by phone from Monday to Friday from 09:00 to 12:00 and from 14:00 to 17:00. During these office hours, you can ask questions and make appointments. It is possible to make appointments for extra obstetric checkups on all days.
Our phone number is: 070-3468288.
Inge is present on Monday and Tuesday.
Caroline is present on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.
For matters that are not urgent, you can e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our fax number is: 070-7370041
Midwife on call
The phone number of the midwife on call is: 06-54942751.
You can call the midwife on call when you are in labor and in case of an emergency.
If nobody answers the cell phone, you can call the buzzer 06-65020931.
Dial the Buzzer number: 06-65020931
After the voicemail greeting, enter the phone number at which you are reachable.
End with #
Free the line
We will call you back within 10 minutes
For a pleasant pregnancy and birth, the commitment of all parties is important. We would like to achieve this goal through mutual respect and openness. If you have any complaints, please let us know, so that we can make adjustments or changes. If you have any medical complaints that are so severe that you feel the need to consult other medical specialists, please contact the complaints service of the Royal Dutch Organisation of Midwives, P.O. Box 2001, 3500 GA Utrecht.
Your privacy and personal data
Due to the General Data Protection Regulation EU 2016/697, EU Privacy legislation, we inform all clients about the processing of your privacy and personal data.
We store your personal and medical data digitally, in order to provide you with good care. We process your personal data according to our privacy and data safety policy.
Important: You agree with this storage (processing) by having your care carried out by our practice.
This is how we process your personal data:
- Your personal data is stored and used in order to provide you with good care.
- Your personal data is only shared with other parties in order to provide good care. When it is legally necessary to ask your permission first, we will ask this particular permission beforehand.
- Your personal data is processed in accordance with the treatment agreement as described in the ‘Medical Treatment Contracts Act’ (in Dutch: WGBO).
- You may see parts of your personal data. If you are interested in this, please send us a written request.
- You may request us by letter to adjust your personal data, when you think your personal data that we have stored is incorrect.
- You may request us to erase your personal data. When we do so, we are (or may) not be able to provide you with good care. The Dutch ‘Medical Treatment Contracts Act’ demands a holding period of 15 years. In that case we store your data in an inactive archive, invisible and unusable for normal users.
- You may withdraw your given permission regarding us processing your personal data. When you do so, we are (or may) not be able to provide you with good care any longer. In that case we store your data in an inactive archive (see above).
- You may object to the way we process your personal data.
- We will inform you when something goes wrong with your personal data.
- We store your personal data only for as long as necessary to provide you with good care. We do this according to the legal holding period stated by the ‘Medical Treatment Contracts Act’.
- Everything stated above also applies to personal data we receive from third parties.
- If you send us a birth card after the delivery, we will display this in the waiting room, unless you object to this specifically.